Blood of LifeBlood of Life is a multi-disciplinary collaborative arts project to present Sinixt Nation culture and issues to the public in Sinixt Territory (BC). The project aims to foster healing for Sinixt people and relationships between Sinixt and settler peoples by building a community of solidarity through engagement in an artistic process. Through weekly Sinixt storytelling sessions, collective members and youth participants will engage in a creative process to develop a body of work. Designed as a multi-year process, tangible manifestations of Blood of Life body of work will include a 20-part radio series, a community mural and a book-CD set.
This callout is open to…
- People with Sinixt Ancestry
- Settlers living and doing work in Sinixt tum xula7xw
- October: Callout launch
- November 20: Submissions close
- Early December: Selected artists are given audio recordings of Sinixt stories, contracts and technical information for drawings (colour vs.
black and white; dimensions)
- Late December: Concept sketches and short bios due
- Late January: Images due; artists will be paid
Submission Guidelines:Send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- A brief explanation of your interest in the project and your relationship to Sinixt tum xula7xw (territory)
- 6-10 samples of your work or a link to your digital portfolio
- Your contact information
This project is sponsored by the BC Arts Council and the Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance.
Maa Press welcomes professional quality manuscripts that explore land and people’s connection to land in the Columbia mountain context. We are open to fiction, creative documentary and poetry as well. Please query by mail or email before sending a complete manuscript.